Join Us on Karma’s 2020-21 Board
As we prepare to host our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Monday, October 19, 7-9pm, we’re hoping for our best member participation ever using Zoom for our first virtual AGM.
We encourage members to become a nominee for Karma’s 2020-21 Board. To apply, simply submit a brief biography highlighting relevant governance skills, Board experience, and engagement with/commitment to Karma Co-op. The Nominations Committee will compile a nominees list to be circulated to co-op members in advance of the election at our October 19th AGM.
The Board’s strategic projects for 2020-21 include:
- Anti-oppression and inclusion strategy to ensure all members, visitors, shoppers, and staff feel safe, respected and welcomed to participate in all aspects of our co-op;
- Succession planning for Karma’s Board and GM to ensure continuity;
- Launching an integrated communications and marketing strategy that addresses the key findings of the recent member surveys and supports Karma in achieving its budgeted revenue growth targets;
- Improving Health & Safety training for staff and working members;
- Prioritizing capital improvements to our building and property;
- Establishing Karma’s donation program to support the long-term sustainability and capital needs of our co-op;
- Developing a participatory budget process for 2021-22;
- Revising Karma’s Product Policy and corresponding procedures;
- Planning Karma’s 50th Anniversary celebrations for 2022, and
- Continuing to review and revise member labour deployment to best support the ongoing operational needs of our food co-op.
All interested nominees, please email a biography to Andrea Dawber, Chair of the Nominations Committee for Karma Co-op’s 2020-21 Board, at firstname.lastname@example.org