Board of Directors
About the board
The Board of Directors is Karma’s governing body. It is responsible for corporate governance and strategic planning. It also provides guidance and oversight for the Karma budget and committees. The Board can have up to ten directors; directors are elected for one- or two-year terms by the membership at the Annual General Meeting or appointed by the Board to fill vacancies.
Board meetings are held on a monthly basis. If you would like more information about the Board or would like to attend a meeting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Members are always welcome to attend as non-participating members.
2021 Board Meeting Dates:
- January 13, 2021, 7-8:30pm
- February 10, 2021, 7-8:30pm
- March 10, 2021, 7-8:30pm
- April 14, 2021, 7-8:30pm
- May 12, 2021, 7-8:30pm
- June 8, 2021, 7-8:30pm
- July 14, 2021, 7-8:30pm
- August 11, 2021, 7-8:30pm
- September 8, 2021, 7-8:30pm
- October 12, 2021, 7-8:30pm
- November 10, 2021, 7-8:30pm
- December 8, 2021, 7-8:30pm
We continue to meet by zoom, and are happy to share the link details with members interested in attending.
2020-21 Board of Directors List:
- Andrea Dawber – President, and Management Committee Liaison
- Caitlin Smith — Vice-President, and Donations Committee Liaison
- Charlie Lior — Treasurer, and Finance Committee Liaison
- Jim O’Reilly — Secretary
- Gillian Kranias— Orientation Committee Liaison and 50th Anniversary Committee Liaison
- Mandy Hindle — Food Issues Committee Liaison
- Judy Skinner — Building Committee Liaison
- Libby Mills — Community Development Committee Liaison
- Kristy van Beek — Chronicle Committee and Marketing Committee Liaison
- Lev Jaeger — Anti-Oppression Committee Liaison
- Tristan Laing — Co-Finance Committee Liaison
Interested in joining the board?
Joining the board is a great opportunity to help shape the future of our co-op. We need your skills and expertise to keep us moving forward. Learn more about being a board member. [PDF]
To tell us about your experience, interests, and vision for Karma, or if you have questions, email us at: email@example.com.